There are SO many things you can use playdough for - make all of them super fun!!
- Roll it out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters
- Pinch and pull to strengthen muscles
- Cut thin ropes with scissors for resistance
- Roll out "snakes" to make letters, numbers and shapes
- Get letter or number stampers and make impressions in the play dough
- Use as base for thematic play with sticks, blocks, yarn to recreate a story
- Mix up some playdough with your kiddos - make predictions, measure, add, see the ingredients come together
- Take shells or other natural materials and make imprints like fossils
- Use small figures of animals, dinosaurs, etc. to make tracks
- Add dry jello to scent it
- Add salt to make it gritty
- Add glitter to make it sparkly
- Add all to make it super fun!
- Introduce beads, buttons, or fake jewels to up the interest factor
- Take a muffin tin, add tape with different numerals written on it to each cup and roll small balls to make the amount in each cup.
- Make playdough pancakes and serve them up on different plates to give equal portions - one for you, one for me, etc.
Ask your little ones what THEY would like to do with the playdough - they will come up with even more ideas :)