Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Winter Fun Kit - Snow Daze

If the holidays are overwhelming with toys, emotions, schedules ... try something new :) 

To take the stress away, especially when things are upside-down due to COVID, gift an “experience” to be enjoyed in the after-holiday blah time. January can be such a let-down, and with socializing restrictions in place, at-home activities are the way to go!

There are so many subscriptions and kits out there that look super interesting but just a little different from what I was picturing ... so I made my own. And, you can too! 

I ordered a few craft items from my favorite craft supplier, to make some painted craft stick snowflakes, which will be fun to paint and assemble, and not require too much help from already-stressed adults :) On my list was also some felt, buttons, pompoms, and wiggly eyes to make a tabletop put-together, take-apart snowman decorating kit for hours of fun. 

Playing indoor games together will put some smiles on your kiddos’ faces AND get them some much needed non-screen time :) Oriental Trading had a snowball bowling game and a snowman building spinner game that fit the bill, but it would be easy to put one together yourself for very little cost. :) A few giant white pompoms and some upside-down paper cups and voila! 

A recipe for a snowman treat to make, with ingredients included, will fill out the “make it” selections - so simple with wafers, frosting and candy eyes! I am including some fruit roll ups to cut up for scarves ⛄️ 

Of course, I included a few Snow-themed books, aged appropriately for the recipients of my particular box. Adding to book collections is one of my favorite things! 

Everyone LOVES to get mail, so I will give a certificate at the holidays and mail the box after the New Year! 

Someone will be having fun! ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️


No comments:

Post a Comment